Add clip planes
A clip plane is a useful tool when you need to create a cross sectional view of a model. Once the desired cross section has been created, it can be saved as a view or a ToDo and shared with various team members.
- Open a model in the 3D App.
- Click the Add clip plane button .
You can create clip planes both vertically and horizontally.
- Place the clip plane along the axis that you want to use to slice the model, horizontally or vertically.
- Click to select the plane.
- Click and hold down the Clip pane icon to drag the clip pane across the model to create the cross-sectional view.
- Release the clip pane.
- Selec the Add clip pane tool again and repeat the process.
If necessary, you can make up to 8 cross-sectional views.